On 16 June, the turnstiles were removed from trams on the following routes:
- 2 Detsky Sanatory-Semyonovskaya metro station
- 3 Balaklavsky Prospekt-Chistiye Prudy metro station (Akademika Yangelya Street-Chistiye Prudy metro station at night)
- 4-L Bulvar Rokossovskogo metro station (Circle Line)
- 4-p Bulvar Rokossovskogo metro station (Circle Line)
- 14 Universitet metro station-Oktyabrskaya metro station
- 19 Novoslobodskaya metro station-MIIT
- 26 Universitet metro station-Oktyabrskaya metro station
- 29 Detsky Sanatory-Bogorodskoye
- 32 Proyezd Enthuziastov-Partizanskaya metro station
- 34 16th Parkovaya Street-3rd Vladimirskaya Street
- 34K 16th Parkovaya Street-Semyonovskaya metro station
- 39 Universitet metro station-Chistiye Prudy metro station
- 46 Bulvar Rokossovskogo metro station-Proletarskaya metro station
- 47 Nagatino-Oktyabrskaya metro station
- 49 Balaklavsky Prospekt- Nagatino
- A Route Oktyabrskaya metro station-Chistiye Prudy metro station.
There are no more turnstiles on the 80 most popular bus routes either.
Riders can board buses and trams quicker and more comfortably without the turnstiles, saving five to 20 minutes en route. Additional ticket controllers are posted on public transit routes with turnstiles. This change has boosted passenger traffic by 8 percent, making trams more popular with city residents and tourists.