Some bus routes will change during the international Circle of Light festival on 23-27 September. On 23-25 September, from 4:30 pm until the end of festival events, trolleybus No 7 will run from the Park Pobedy metro station to Ozernaya Street (along the trolleybus No 17 route).
On these dates from 5 pm until the end of festival events, bus routes will be diverted as follows:
- Bus No 1 – from the route terminal Moscow State University in both directions along Lomonosovsky Prospekt (with a U-turn on Indira Gandhi Square);
- Bus No 57 - between the Prospekt Vernadskogo and Mendeleyevskaya Street stops in both directions along Prospekt Vernadskogo and Lomonosovsky Prospekt . On the way to the Kakhovskaya metro station, the bus will make a U-turn at the intersection of Prospekt Vernadskogo and Stroiteley Street;
- Bus No 111 - between the Metro Universitet and Prospekt Vernadskogo stops in both directions along Prospekt Vernadskogo;
- Bus No 113 - from the Profsoyuznaya metro station to Lebedeva Street;
- Bus No 661 - in both directions along Lomonosovsky Prospekt, without going to the Palace of Culture at Moscow State University.
On 24, 25 and27 September from 10:30 pm to the end of festival events, bus numbers 135, 229, 271, 626, 732, 829, 832 and the trolleybus number 19 will run with extended intervals.
In addition, some streets in the city centre, around Moscow State University, and the Rowing Canal will be closed during the festival.
This year the festival will be held for the sixth time. It will be held at the following sites: the high-rise building of Moscow State University, the VDNKh national exhibition of economic achievements, the Bolshoi Theatre, the Rowing Canal, Izvestiya Hall concert hall, and the Digital October centre, which will host lectures, workshops, and presentations.