- Born 19 June, 1976, Loksa, Estonian SSR
- 1996: Graduated from the Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics.
- 1999 - 2001: President of MTK UniTrans.
- 2002: Head of WorldWide Invest representative office.
- 2005 - 2008: General Director of TransGroup Finance and Investment.
- 2009 - 2010: General Director of Aeroexpress; board member of Aeroexpress, TransContainer and Pervaya Gruzovaya Kompania; Board Chairman of TransGroup AS.
- April 29, 2011: Appointed the Moscow Mayor's Adviser on transport and road infrastructure development.
- December 6, 2011: Appointed by the Mayor's decision Head of the Department for Transport and Road Infrastructure, with a civil service contract valid for the duration of the Moscow Mayor's term.
- Maxim Liksutov has been appointed Deputy Mayor of Moscow and Head of the Department for Transport and Road Infrastructure Development by the decree of the Moscow Mayor dated 25 September 2012.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Deputy Mayor and Head of the Department for Transport and Road Infrastructure Development.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Deputy Mayor and Head of the Department for Transport and Road Infrastructure Development.
About the Department
Areas of activity
- Drafting city programmes, draft laws and other legislative acts of Moscow to regulate transport and road infrastructure development;
- Resolving issues related to road and transport infrastructure in Moscow;
- Implementing priority measures in furtherance of the city's transport policy:
- Acting as a state customer for the development of strategies, projects, schemes, norms and programmes for the development of Moscow's transport and road infrastructure system in accordance with the Targeted Investment Programme;
- Organising work on the comprehensive long-term strategy for the development of Moscow's transport system, and coordinating its implementation;
- Participating in the final inspection and commissioning of road and transport infrastructure facilities;
- Organising the monitoring of road facilities and mathematical modelling of the finished facilities' effect on street and road network traffic;
- Overseeing financial and economic activity and the use of allocated funds, and analysing the financial and economic activity of organisations under the department's jurisdiction;
- Carrying out international, foreign economic and interregional cooperation in transport and road infrastructure development.
The Department of Transport and Road Infrastructure Development is working on the following proposals:
- Improving the systems for managing and organising road traffic;
- Providing Moscow's transport system with the latest machinery and high-tech equipment;
- Developing and applying innovative solutions for managing transport flows.