Department Head and Moscow Government Minister
- Born 20 October, 1969, Moscow.
- 1994: Graduated from Moscow Automobile and Road Institute with an Engineer’s Degree in Automobile Maintenance and Repairs.
- 1988-1990: Served in the Soviet Army.
- 1993: Founded his own business. Latest project: The Tver paint factory, producing modern high-quality automobile and industrial paints. Founded in 2010. Investments exceed 1 billion roubles.
- 2003: Obtained an MBA Degree at Kingston University, UK.
- 2009: Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, a course in a joint MBA programme of Kingston University and the Academy of the National Economy under the Russian Government.
- In 2010, founded a business incubator at the InCube Academy of National Economy.
- 2010: Winner of the Russian stage of Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year international contest under the heading “Industrial Production”.
- February 2011: Appointed by Mayor’s executive order Head of the Department of Support for Small and Medium-Sized Business.
- June 2011: Appointed by Mayor’s executive order Head of the Department for Science, Industrial Policy and Entrepreneurship.
- In 2013, received an Honourary Doctorate from Kingston University (UK) for his outstanding contribution to the development of entrepreneurship.
- June 6, 2013: Appointed Acting Head of the Department of Science, Industrial Policy and Entrepreneurship.
- September 17, 2013: Appointed Moscow Government Minister and Head of the Department of Science, Industrial Policy and Entrepreneurship.
About the Department
The Department of Science, Industrial Policy and Entrepreneurship is an executive body of the city of Moscow.
The Department shapes and implements policy on industry, science, innovation, promoting and supporting entrepreneurship, improving the investment climate, attracting and supporting investment in the abovementioned fields, the development and use of Moscow’s industrial zones, and the provision of government services.
- Reducing administrative barriers
- Stimulating business activity
- Supporting small and medium-sized business
- Supporting the image of businesses and scientific and industrial organisations
- Fostering a competitive environment
- Improving infrastructure
- Optimising human resources